So I finally got done with my rewrite for my site. For ease of use I’ve put in wordpress, also kept my old site, with all its content linked off the right. Eventually I’ll get everything moved over. I had to manully move all my blog entries, not that they are that breath taking or indisposable but they are my site history.
Now to the rant. So I’ve had a lot time to think about life lately and how I’ve got to where I am from where I wanted to be. Getting told you’re loosing your job within the next 2 to 6 months to downsizing really can make you think. 10 years ago I was in school thinking “I’m gonna be a preacher”. Wide eyed dumb and with a bible underhand spitting out everything taught to me and stating it was my own beliefs. now I’ve found that its just religion. Lots of that going around.
So over all I’ve been through a hellish last few years. over and over I’ve been through things that have made me want to drop and quit out of life. If there was a reset button I would have hit it long ago. God brought me through so much stuff, it shook and tore down every religous conception I had, and then He rebuilt them. He taught me more about love and the lack of it in churches then I cared to know, and from an end I didn’t expect to see. I’m still going through a lot of stuff. And truthfully I’ve been timid to walk in the doors of a church now for some time because every time I do, I receive the right foot of fellowship. My family has all but said that I’ve screwed up my chances of being used by God, and constantly try and get me back into the one church that biblically speaking makes me frightened.
Some of the lessons i’ve learned.
- God cares about people, not religous rights and rituals.
- The modern church has become the same religous organization that the early “church” butted heads with, even that Jesus himself did.
- Church is not about the people.
- God cannot be judged by those who name themselves after Him, He is well beyond and above them.
- Love is an action that requires stepping outside yourself, and what you or your church deams acceptable behavior, even the worst of sinners deserves and should be loved by those who name themselves God’s own.
- God doesn’t care about politics, He cares about people. God’s kingdom isn’t in this world, if it was, Jesus would have fought for it rather then die on the cross for our sins.
- “God came into this world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst.”
- Love needs to be given without strings and with a full heart.
- Churches concentrate too much on do not do this, you must do that.
- Christians tend to become to involved in the politics of this world, it distracts from the true calling of God’s choosen which is to walk after God’s own heart, cast off the world, and embrace the message of love, seeking to love those who don’t know love at all. Seeking hyper political envolvement is using the weapons of this world, rather the weapons of prayer and of the Spirit.
- I don’t see eye to eye with many “christians” and in fact I see many of them as having no faith at all.
- Religious beleifs that you do not base off of personal study and prayer are beleifs that you do not own.
- God, and God’s will are not trully important to many Christians, if they were then They would be more concerned about showing love then judgement on those around them.
- Showing someone they are in sin can be just as easily done in a way that shows someone you love them, as it can be in a tone of judgement, and most often it is done in judgement not love.
There’s more to that and maybe i’ll update/continue that list down the road but for now I’m done.